ohhh! the sweet plantain temptation


Today is one of those days I miss the flavors of my city, the name of this is just perfect, is a sweetness that melts on the tongue, you have to try to understand what I feel. The Caribbean cuisine has a certain resemblance to the Catalan, in the majority of our dishes we like to mix sweet with salty. This is a very typical accompaniment in the Caribbean, but in my city we add an ingredient that gives much, much flavor and color. Is a red soda called Kola Roman and I think is only sold on the Caribbean coast of Colombia. I've searched every corner of Barcelona but it is impossible to get that drink. But I found a drink with a taste very similar, yehaaa!, is called Kola Inglesa from Peru, is available at Boqueria market, is a Latino store. See the picture below.


Ok, so lets do it!

The plantain temptation

What do we need?

For 2 or 3 persons:
-500ml of Kola inglesa (if you can´t get it, replace with Coke or just water, taste yummy too)
-2 ripe plantains
-1 cup of sugar
-1 cinnamon stick

Peel the plantains and put in pot, then add the Kola until cover the plantains, if not cover enough add water, add the cinnamon, the sugar and bring to boil and simmer over low heat during 15-20 minutes. The longer you simmer, the better it'll get.


hey, don´t cook this hungry, is bad for your patient ;)

enjoy it!

No hay comentarios: