The "Panela" a natural sweet flavor

Have you ever seen this thing? not my hand :) this brown stone of course, probably at latin stores?.
I remember when I was a child I used to play many sports games all the time, football and baseball overall, and other kids games, that kind of games that you are running all the time and expending energy. I used to bring in my pockets small stones of this.

Panela was my energy charger to keep moving. the reason; is made with cane sugar, is an unrefined whole cane sugar, typical of Latin America, which is basically a solid piece of sucrose and fructose obtained from the boiling and evaporation of sugarcane juice.
totally natural and the best ingredient for my recipes, the taste is not like brown sugar but is close, if you have the chance to get it buy it because we are gonna cook a lot of recipes with it!

These are common Spanish names: chancaca, papelón(venezuela), piloncillo(mexico), panocha, rapadura, atado dulce or empanizao. In India and Pakistan a similar product is made which is called gur or jaggery. In Brazil, it is known as rapadura.

more info about panela by clicking here

No hay comentarios: